Friday, December 2, 2011

DIabY: DO IT all by YOURSELF

As most of you know, I like to be creative.  I'm not saying "As most of you know I am the most creative person ever!".  I'm just saying that I am sure you all assumed I would be doing a lot of the wedding decorating myself.  Well now I am here to tell you that I am doing absolutely ALL the decorating myself.  I'd like to sit here and say this was due to my budget and decorating myself was a lot cheaper, but that really isn't the case.

Im a control freak when it comes to my own visions.

I don't trust myself to get the right words out to convey what I want.  I don't trust people to comprehend the awesomeness that will come of my ideas.  I have a problem telling someone "No, that centerpiece is ugly!" (I'm pretty sure this comes from almost 3 years at As You Wish... "What? No!  That is the cutest mug I have seen come through here today!".  And I definitely don't want my wedding to look like someone else's.

Anyways, before I was even proposed to, I had my wedding vision in my brain.  I had all these ideas for making the centerpieces, the cake topper, my bouquets, etc.  And I was loving every minute of the vision I was seeing.

And then I was introduced to Pinterest...


Now I have tons and tons of things to incorporate into my wedding decorations.  I'm adding things, re-thinking things, and replacing things.  I have all these supplies I now need to buy, and all of these ideas I now need to make come alive.  I love it, but I also hate it.  The top of my wedding website says "98 days to go!"...




shit.

No comments:

Post a Comment