Thursday, December 1, 2011

Is it too late to turn around?

Being the forgetful person that I am, I decided a blog might be the perfect thing to help me remember just how much fun I had planning my wedding.  Too bad I thought of this too late in the game, and my fun has already run out... but here goes anyways.

We put a deposit down for our wedding date on Tuesday of Thanksgiving week.  Without having that date secured, I was only "window shopping" around for different vendors (caterers, DJ, photographer, etc.).  After securing the date, I scurried around like a pig with it's head cut off to contact everyone (I say pig because I actually sat in my computer chair for hours and hours rather then running around.  Safe to assume I was more like a pig then a chicken).  With Thanksgiving just two days away, I didn't get very many responses from places and began to worry, worry, worry!

Thanksgiving came, I came down with the flu later that day, and shopped all night long till I dropped (when I definitely shouldn't have).  With me being sick, and constantly stressing about this wedding, I have not been able to shake it, and I am still pretty sick today... with my birthday just a few days away :(

Got a response from my venue's preferred caterer.  My budget for food was around $3000 to $3500, and I had gotten their prices from their site and calculated it out to be around $3000.  Contacted them to see how accurate my estimate was, and BAM.... $5000 for food.  Really? Really!  They wanted to charge me two separate labor fees of $800 each, an arm and a leg for actual plates (because apparently their $20 a plate food comes with paper plates and napkins, and plastic utensils), and an additional $200 so they can stick my food on RISERS so it's not just sitting on the table.

I've never been so turned off with a company in my whole life.


Safe to say, I hate them now.  And I won't be going with them.  Mom found someone else who is offering a lot of bang for our buck.  My wedding coordinator now has to tack on an extra $500 kitchen fee since it's not their preferred caterer, AND our caterer can't even use their kitchen.  Yes, you read that sentence right the first time.  That's okay though, because we will still be under budget even with that fee.

Thank God, now maybe my cold sores can go away?  Yeah right...

1 comment:

  1. Geez, caterers suck! Let me know if I can do anything at all. I follow orders well!

    ReplyDelete